Today, I want to share with you, my recipe for baked eggs. This is a favorite dish I like to prepare for my lunch. Not only is it healthy; it is delicious, filling and always looks so darn pretty!
butter for greasing dish
1 tbsp table cream (10% m.f)
2 or 3 kale leaves; rinsed, chopped, stems removed
6 slices of pepperoni or chorizo
2 large eggs
fresh ground black pepper
fresh thyme (optional)
* keep in mind that the kale leaves may seem like a lot, but they will wilt and shrink while baking
*you can replace the kale with spinach leaves if you prefer; both are delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease inside of a small 5 inch oven-safe dish (square or round) with butter
- Add 1 tablespoon of cream to bottom of dish
- Place chopped kale leaves over top (sprinkle with salt & pepper if you wish)
- Add sliced pepperoni or chorizo
- Gently crack both eggs on top
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme, if so desired
- Place your dish onto the middle rack of your preheated oven
- Bake for 20 minutes if you prefer your yolks firm. If you like them a little runny, 15 minutes should do the trick.
Remove your dish from the oven and let it cool for a couple of minutes before you dig in.
You can remove the baked eggs onto a plate, but I prefer to eat mine right from the dish!